Each Quicken non-investment account has a register associated with it, and each Quicken investment account has a transaction list. Use the register and the transaction list to enter transactions, except for checks that you plan to print or transactions that you download directly from your financial institution.
This section of Help covers the basics of entering transactions in Quicken.
What can I do?
- How do I enter a transaction?
- Edit a transaction
- Categorize a Transaction
- Find and replace transactions (Payments, deposits, and investment transactions)
- How do I copy a transaction between accounts?
- How do I add a note or follow-up flag to a register transaction?
- How do I use the calculator?
- Printing in Quicken
- How do I transfer money between accounts?