Copy a transaction between accounts
If you have several accounts of a particular type and accidentally enter a transaction in the wrong account, you can copy it to the correct account and then delete the one that was entered in error.
To copy a transaction between accounts
- In the register or transaction list, select the transaction that you want to copy.
- Choose Edit menu > Transaction > Copy transaction(s).
- Open the register or transaction list for the account in which you want to paste the transaction.
- Click in the blank new transaction line at the bottom of the register or investment transaction list. Or, click anywhere in an existing transaction to replace it.
- Click Edit menu > Transaction > Paste transaction(s).
To delete the first transaction after you've copied it
If you want to delete the transaction from the original account:
- Open the first account's register.
- Click anywhere in the transaction to select it.
- Click Edit menu > Transaction > Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
What account types can I copy to?
In general, you can only move or copy a transaction between accounts that support the type of transaction you're working with (for example, you can't copy an investment short sale into a banking register). Additionally:
- You can only copy security related investment transactions to another account that supports this type of transaction (for example, another investment account).
- You can only copy cash related investment transactions to another investment account.
- You can copy banking transactions to any other banking account.
Can I copy more than one transaction at a time?
Can I just move a transaction to another account?
Yes, but only if it's a cash flow transaction being moved to another banking account.
- Right-click the transaction you want to move and choose Move Transaction.
- Select the account you want to move the transaction to in the drop-down list.
- Click OK.