You can designate one business to include all of the business transactions that do not have a valid business tag. When you do, Quicken automatically associates all business transactions without a business tag to the business you have selected this check box for.
You can select this check box for only one business at a time. The first time you add a business to Quicken, Quicken automatically selects this check box, but you can clear the check box. To help you decide if you should, select each of the following links that applies to your situation.
- I track a single businessIf you plan to track only a single business in Quicken, selecting this check box can save you the time and effort it takes to tag your business transactions.
- I track several businesses now, or I plan to at some pointIf you plan to track several businesses in Quicken, clearing this check box for every business and tagging each business transaction with the appropriate business tag can help you preserve your historical data as your business prospects change and evolve.
- Can you give me an example of how my historical data can be affected?For example, say you initially had this check box selected for a candle business, and you entered transactions for the candle business without a tag. Then let's say you decide to close the candle business and open a catering business. If you want to select this check box for the catering business, you need to do two things: 1) Edit the candle business information and clear the check box, and 2) Edit all the business transactions for the candle business to include a tag. Otherwise Quicken will have no way to know which untagged historical transactions go with which business and will display them all together.
- Can you give me an example of how my historical data can be affected?
- I am upgrading from a previous version of Quicken where I used classes to track my businessesIf you are upgrading from a previous version of Quicken where you used classes to show which business a transaction belonged to, and you want to view your historical spending in the Business tab, selecting this check box can help you save the time and effort it takes to edit your historical transactions to include the new business tags. If you select this check box for the existing business with the most transactions, then you only need to edit the business transactions for the remaining businesses so that they include the tags that Quicken needs to separate your historical transactions by business.
This feature requires Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.