As your needs change, you can easily add investment, tax, business, or rental property features to Quicken.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I decide which version I need?To learn more about the features you can add, and to help decide which Quicken features are right for you, choose Help menu > Which Quicken is best for you? (Quicken Deluxe) or Help menu > Add Business Tools (Quicken Premier) or Help menu > Add Rental Property Tools (Quicken Premier and Quicken Home & Business).
- Do I need administrator rights to upgrade?You need administrator rights to upgrade Quicken. If you need assistance, refer to the Windows Help.
- Can I upgrade more than once?Yes. For example, if you're currently using Quicken Deluxe and you upgrade to Quicken Premier, you can decide to upgrade to Quicken Home & Business later.
- Do I need a Quicken.com user ID?Yes. Your user ID and password guarantees that your order and a copy of your software are securely stored on Quicken.com. If you ever need to reinstall the software—if you move to a new computer, for example—you can use your User ID and password to retrieve your information.
- How will I know if I've upgraded successfully?You can check your version of Quicken at any time: choose Help menu > About Quicken. Quicken displays a dialog showing the version of Quicken you are using.
- Should I be concerned about data security?The process of upgrading Quicken does not involve your data file, and no information from your Quicken data file is transmitted to Quicken.com, a secure website.
- What happens to my data when I upgrade?When you upgrade, none of your Quicken data is changed.