Business-related mileage is a tax deduction that small business owners often miss. With the Vehicle Mileage Tracker, you can track, sort, and print lists of not only your business-related mileage, but also miles driven for charity work, miles to and from the doctor for medical reasons, miles driven to and from rental properties you own, and even types of mileage you define.
What can I do to with business mileage?
- How do I enter a new trip? (Business)
- How do I update mileage rates?
- How do I get a map or confirm mileage?
- How do I print a record of my mileage?
- How do I customize the Vehicle Mileage Tracker?
- How do I enter my mileage on my tax return?
- How do I sort trips in the Vehicle Mileage Tracker?
- Whether you can deduct mileage from your taxes sometimes depends on whether the deductible amount has reached a certain percentage of your adjusted gross income. Before deducting mileage costs based on information from the Vehicle Mileage Tracker, check with your tax advisor.
- When you enter your first trip, Quicken adds tax-deductible mileage categories to your Quicken Category List. These categories begin with the prefix "_Mileage." They already have the correct tax schedule line items associated with them. Don't edit or delete these categories.
This feature requires Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.