The first time you view a prior year's budget in a new year, Quicken asks you if you want to extend it to the new year. Just click OK and Quicken creates a new budget for you automatically, copying all of your current budget categories and budget values to the new budget.
If you want to get an early start
If you want to create next year's budget before the start of the new year, or if you want more control over how the budget is created:
- Use the date control at the top of the budget window to change the year.
- Quicken asks you how you want to create the new budget:
- Copy budget categories and budget values to the new budget
- Copy budget categories and actuals as budget values to the new budget
- Copy budget categories only to the new budget
- Click OK to create the new budget.
- Your new budget will report income and expense actuals based on transactions from the year it represents.
- You can edit your new budget without affecting your previous budget.
- You can change budget years using the date control at the top of the window.
- You can create budgets for prior years.