Normally Quicken walks you through the activation process when you first add an account. However, if you decided not to activate an account when you first added it, it's not too late; you can activate the account for transaction download now.
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button next to the account you want to activate.
- In the Account Details dialog, click the Online Services tab.
- Click the Set up now button for the online service you want to activate.
- After your account is activated, you're ready to update your spending accounts and your investing accounts.
Tell me about my first update
The first update may take more time than subsequent sessions because your entire available transaction history is being updated (usually 90 days' worth of transactions).
The first time you use Quicken's online banking or investment-tracking services, we recommend that you update only your latest transactions. This allows you to update your register or transaction list before starting other online account activities (for example, updating asset classes or getting quotes).
How is the first update different for investment accounts?
When updating transactions for an investment account, you may be asked to perform some additional steps such as matching securities or resolving placeholder entries. In addition the value of your holdings in Quicken may vary from the value reported by your financial institution due to differences in rounding rules and similar factors.
What currencies are supported?
Online account services are available only for U.S. dollar accounts; if an account is based on another currency, you won't be able to activate that account.