You may transfer your shares or gift them to someone, without selling them. Quicken provides you the flexibility to remove the transferred/gifted shares from your security transaction without affecting the cash balance.
To remove shares:
- In the sidebar, select the investment account you want to use.
- Click the Transactions tab and then click the New Transaction icon in the register toolbar.
- From the Type field, select Remove Shares.
- Provide other details as below:
- Date - Enter the date when the shares are removed.
- Security - Select the security for which the shares are removed.
- Shares Removed - Enter the number of shares removed.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment, go to the Attachments tab, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.