- For best results, make sure you have set up a Quicken house account to track the value of your home.
- Choose Reports menu > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth.
- Click Customize.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- In the Select Account Group area, select All Accounts.
- Click Clear All.
- In the Select Account Group area, select Property and Debt.
- In the Account area, select only your house account. (If you've taken out a second mortgage or an equity loan on your house, include those accounts, too.)
- Click OK.
- In the OVERALL TOTAL row of the report, view the cost basis amount of your home.