You can cancel any single online payment instruction up to its processing date (which is the delivery date minus the lead time). You can also cancel one payment in a series of repeating online payments or all pending and future payments for a repeating online payment instruction.
If you cancel a single repeating online payment that you've designated as a loan payment, Quicken adjusts your loan calculations to show that you didn't make the payment.
If you receive an error message while attempting to cancel a payment, troubleshooting information is available.
- Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
- Select the financial institution from which the payment is drawn.
- Select the account from which the payment is drawn.
- On the Payments tab, in the payment status list, select the payment you want to cancel.
- To cancel either a one-time payment, or just one payment from a repeating payment series, click Cancel Payment.
- What happens now?
Quicken determines whether there is time to cancel the payment based on the lead time.
- If there is time to cancel the payment instruction, Quicken changes the payment status to Cancel. You must then click Update/Send to send the cancel instruction.
- If it's too late to cancel the payment instruction, you see a message. If you want to stop the payment, you should call your financial institution.
To cancel an entire repeating payment series
- Choose Tools menu > Manage Bill & Income Reminders.
- On the Repeating Online tab, select the payment series you want to delete.
- Click Delete, and then click Delete again to confirm.
- Update your account.