As you use online account services throughout the year, Quicken checks to see if there is a free update to your version of the software. If an update is available, Quicken asks if you'd like to download it.
Use this procedure to update your Quicken software product; don't use it to update transactions and balances from your financial institution.
Update your Quicken software using either of the following steps:
- Choose Tools menu > One Step Update.
- Click Update Now.
- If an update to Quicken is available, Quicken displays a window that describes what's in the update, as well as brief instructions for downloading the update.
- You'll need to exit Quicken to run the update program.
- When you exit, all your work is saved, and you can resume working as soon as the update finishes.
- Go to Help menu > Check for Updates.
- Install the updates, if available.
Check the Quicken Updates page to find out what's in the latest update, to get instructions on how to determine what release you're currently running, and to obtain troubleshooting information should you have a problem performing an update.
Information about the difference between a version, an upgrade and an update is available.