Use One Step Update on your account bar to easily update all of your Online accounts.
You can also trigger a One Step Update using Tools menu → One Step Update. You may need to Enter Vault Password.
You will see a progress screen while Quicken contacts your financial institutions and downloads your transaction data.
Once the update is completed, you will see the One Step Update Summary. you may see an item that needs your attention. Click the question mark by the entry for information about resolving the problem.
What is One Step Update?
One Step Update is a single access point for almost all connected services; you can update transactions and send online payment instructions for multiple accounts, sync your data to the Quicken Cloud and use Quicken on your phone or tablet to download security quotes, export some of your Quicken account information to Investing.Quicken.com, and obtain product updates for your Quicken software.
One Step Update is the centralized access point for almost all connected services in Quicken. It makes it easy to:
- Download the latest cleared transactions and balances for all your online-enabled bank, investment, 401(k), and credit card accounts.
- Send or cancel online payments (not supported by all financial institutions).
- Transfer money between accounts at the same financial institution, if you are connected via Direct Connect.
- Sync your data to the Quicken Cloud and use Quicken on your phone or tablet.
- Download security quotes, download currency exchange rates, export some of your Quicken account information to Quicken.com, and obtain product updates for your Quicken software.
You can set up Quicken to automatically download transitions at the beginning of a session. Go to Edit menu → Preferences → Startup. Select Download transactions when Quicken starts and click OK.
One Step Update doesn't work with Web Connect accounts. Quicken may be able to upgrade accounts you currently update through your financial institution's website to another connection type that you can use with One Step Update. If this is the case, Quicken will let you know.
How do I enable an account for One Step Update?
One Step Update is automatically applied to Express Web Connect or Direct Connect accounts. However, it is possible to turn One Step Update off or on for an account.
To turn One Step Update on or off for an account:
- Use One Step Update on your account bar to easily update all of your Online accounts.You can also trigger a One Step Update using Tools menu → One Step Update. You may need to Enter Vault Password.
- The One Step Update Settings screen will appear. Each account has a check box next to it. To turn on One Step Update for an account, click the check box to add a checkmark. To turn One Step Update off for an account, click the check box to remove the check mark.
- Click Apply.
What if I don't see my account in One Step Update Settings?
If your account does not appear on the One Step Update Settings screen, it is not the correct type of account to use for One Step Update. This includes manual accounts and Web Connect accounts. When you use Web Connect, you log in to your financial institution's website and click a button or link to initiate the download process (often called Download to Quicken).