QXF (Quicken Transfer Format) is the preferred file format to move and merge account data between versions of Quicken.
More about QXF files
- The import and export of financial data using the QXF file format is limited to the accounts, transactions, scheduled transactions, categories, and tags of non-investment and non-business accounts.
- The import and export of investment and business accounts, transactions, budgets, attachments, reports, and application settings is not supported by QXF.
- The QXF file format is the preferred choice for merging Quicken account data.
- Quicken can import QXF data from Quicken Essentials for Mac. The only data imported is Checking, Savings, and Credit Card accounts and transactions.
- Quicken can export QXF data to Quicken Essentials for Mac. The only data exported is Checking, Savings, Credit Card, Asset, and Liability accounts and transactions. Investment accounts are also exported, but transactions and position balances are not.
- Our legacy file transfer format, QIF (Quicken Interchange Format), is being replaced over time by QXF.
- If you need to export investment or business data, we recommend that you use QIF export instead. To learn more, see Export Quicken financial data to a QIF file.
To export financial data to a QXF file
- Choose File menu > File Export > Quicken Transfer Format (.QXF) file.
- In the QXF export dialog, accept or change the name of the file to be created.
- Click OK to create the QXF file. A confirmation message displays when the process completes.
For more information, see: