You can use a credit form and the Quicken business category Bad Debt to record a bounced check or any other bad debts and write-offs from your customers.
- Open the account that you use to track this customer's payments and invoices.
- Click (the Account Actions icon), and then choose New Credit.
- In the Credit form, in the Customer field, select the name of the customer from whom you incurred the bad debt.
- In the Business Tag field, select the business tag you used in the original invoice.
- In the Credit Number field, enter the original invoice number.
- From the Category list, select (if it already exists) or type the category Bad Debt.
- Enter the amount of the bad debt in the Amount field.
- Click Receive Pmt to display the Customer Payment dialog.
- Select the Apply Existing Credits check box to have Quicken apply the credit to the invoice.
- Click Save. Quicken updates (decreases) the balance of your invoices/receivables account.
This feature requires Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.