About issuing customer credit
Use a credit form to record returned items or canceled orders for which you've already sent an invoice and received a payment.
- Open the account that you use to track this customer's payments and invoices.
- Click (the Account Actions icon), and then choose New Credit.
- In the Credit form, fill out the Customer information area at the top of the form, including customer name, project/job, and business tag.
- Fill out the item information for the charge that is being credited.
- If you want to preview the credit form, click Print. Then click Preview.You can close the preview, return to the form, and then make changes if necessary.
- If you want to print the Credit form, click Print. Then click Enter.
- At this point, you can either email the credit to your customer, or mail it. (Optional)
- Click Enter to record the transaction. Quicken enters the credit in the invoices/receivables register.When you create a new estimate, invoice, or credit, Quicken displays the last layout you used for that transaction type. If you want to use a different layout, select the one you want from the Layout list. Use the Forms Designer to customize your business forms.
You can create and customize a credit form just as you do an invoice.
This feature requires Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.