The calendar provides a daily view of your finances. From it, you can:
- View your daily cash balances. Balances for current and past dates are actual, balances for future dates are projected based on your bill and income reminders.
- Enter and edit transactions and reminders.
- Create calendar notes.
To view your financial calendar, select the Bills & Income > Bills (or Bills, Income & Transfers) tab, then select Calendar View.
To enter a register transaction or bill reminder from the calendar
- Double-click the calendar date on which you want to enter a transaction.
- In the Transactions [date] dialog, click Add.
- If this is a one-time transaction, select Add expense or Add income; otherwise, select Add reminder.
- Enter information about the transaction.
To edit a register transaction from the calendar
- Double-click the date containing the register transaction that you want to edit. Register transactions appear on a grey background.
- In the Transactions [date] dialog, select a register transaction and then click Edit.
- In the Edit Register Transaction dialog, change the information as necessary.
- The list of available payment methods depends on the type of account you've selected, whether the account is enabled for transaction download, and so on.
- To move a transaction, change its date. (Optional)
- When you've finished making changes, click OK.
To edit a reminder from the calendar
- Double-click the date containing the reminder that you want to edit. Reminders appear on a green (expected income), yellow (expected expense), or red (overdue) background.
- In the Transactions [date] dialog, select the reminder you want to change and then click Edit. To identify reminders in the list, look for the word Sched in the Method column.
- Make changes to the reminder, as necessary, and then click Done. If you need assistance, click the Help icon.
To create a calendar note
- Right-click the date for which you'd like to attach a note.
- Choose Note.
- Enter your text.
- Click OK.
- Quicken pastes a small colored box on the date you selected (above). A date box holds one note at a time.
- To delete a note, click the small colored box, and then click Delete Note.
- To read a note, click the small colored box.
- You can select different colors for different types of notes.
What does the calendar's color-coding mean?