When you add a new account, Quicken adds it to the Account List (choose Tools menu > Account List). In most cases, you'll want to add all of your household's accounts in the same Quicken data file, so that you can track all your finances in one place.
- Click the Add Account icon on the top right of the Account Bar.
- Enter and select the name of your financial institution.
- At the bottom of the Add Credit Card dialog, click Advanced Options.
- To track manually, select, I want to enter my transactions manually.
- Enter a meaningful name for the account, such as Line of Credit.
- Enter today's date, and today's balance.
Have a home equity line of credit?
If you have a home equity line of credit, use a Quicken Home Equity Line (HELOC) account instead of a credit card account.