As your needs change, you can easily add investment, tax, business, or rental property features to Quicken.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I decide which version I need?To learn more about the features you can add, and to help decide which Quicken features are right for you, choose Help menu > Which Quicken is best for you? (Quicken Deluxe) or Help menu > Add Business Tools (Quicken Premier) or Help menu > Add Rental Property Tools (Quicken Premier and Quicken Home & Business).
- Do I need administrator rights to upgrade?If you are using Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, you You need administrator rights to upgrade Quicken. If you need assistance, refer to the Windows Help.
- Can I upgrade more than once?Yes. For example, if you're currently using Quicken Deluxe and you upgrade to Quicken Premier, you can decide to upgrade to Quicken Home & Business later.
- Do I need a Quicken.com user ID?Yes. Your user ID and password guarantees that your order and a copy of your software are securely stored on Quicken.com. If you ever need to reinstall the software—if you move to a new computer, for example—you can use your User ID and password to retrieve your information.
- How will I know if I've upgraded successfully?You can check your version of Quicken at any time: choose Help menu > About Quicken. Quicken displays a dialog showing the version of Quicken you are using.
- Should I be concerned about data security?The process of upgrading Quicken does not involve your data file, and no information from your Quicken data file is transmitted to Quicken.com, a secure website.
- What happens to my data when I upgrade?When you upgrade, none of your Quicken data is changed.