|Table of Contents|
Adding an online account
When you add a new account, Quicken adds it to the Account List (choose Tools menu > Account List). In most cases, you'll want to add all your accounts to the same Quicken data file, so that you can track all your finances in one place.
- Select Add Account on the top right of the Account Bar.
- Enter the name of your financial institution. This can be the name of your bank, credit card company, brokerage, or other online institution. As you type in the name, you will see a list of related institutions below, You can choose yours at any time.
- Select Next.
- If requested, choose the type of connection method Quicken should use. Unless instructed by your bank to do otherwise, choose Express Connect, then select Next. For more information see Which connection method should be used?
- Enter your online account information. This is the same information you use to log in to your financial institutions web site.
If you have never set up an online account with your financial institution, you will need to do this before accessing the account though Quicken.
- Select Next.
- Quicken will access you online account and display a list of one or more financial accounts you can add to Quicken. From this screen you can:
- Enter a nickname for the account. This is often better than the default name.
- Designate an account as Personal or Business.
- Add Account to Quicken or Ignore in Quicken. If you ignore an account it will not be added or tracked.
- Select Next. Your accounts are now added.
- To add additional accounts, select Add Another Account, otherwise select Finish.
Adding an offline account
If your financial institution cannot be accessed online you can set up an offline account.
Adding a cash or asset account