- Choose Edit menu > Preferences.
- In the left pane, click Notify.
- In the right pane, select the settings you want to use.
- When entering out-of-date transactionsSelect this preference to be warned when you're about to record a transaction for a different year.
- Before changing existing transactionsThis preference helps you avoid inadvertently changing a transaction that you've already entered.
- When entering uncategorized transactionsSelect this preference to be warned when you're entering a transaction without selecting a category. This helps you remember to categorize all your transactions for more complete reports and graphs and budgets.
- To run a reconcile report after reconcileWhen this preference is turned on, Quicken prompts you to run a reconcile report upon completion of a successful account reconcile.
- Warn if a check number is reusedSelect this preference to be warned if you enter a check number that is already entered in the same account register.
- When changing the account of an existing transactionSelect this preference to be warned if you change the account of a transaction in the All Transactions register.
- To save a transaction after changing itSelect this preference to be warned if you change a transaction and then forget to save it.
- When entering out-of-date transactions
- Click OK to save your changes.