If your financial institution doesn't support automatic download into Quicken, you can download your investment transactions from your brokerage website and import them into Quicken.
To import your securities
- In Quicken, choose File > Import > Bank or Brokerage File (OFX, QFX). You can also drag and drop the file into the Quicken window.
- Navigate and select the QFX file to be imported.
- If this is the first time you've imported a file for this account, you will see a window that displays the account description. Specify the account type, action, and the Quicken account name/nickname in the respective columns.
- If you're importing the file into an existing account, select the existing investing account from the Action column.
- If you're adding a new investment account for the selected file, select Add from the Action column and enter an account name in the Quicken Account Name column.
- Click Continue. Quicken will import the file and the investment account will be displayed in the sidebar.
- After you have imported or linked an investment account, click the Transactions tab to check for any placeholders and to resolve them.
Note: To learn more about placeholders, see Learning about cost basis.