If you've used a Quicken bank account, you already know how to use a credit card account.
To enter transactions in a credit card register, you can:
- Download transactions directly from the financial institution that issued the credit card. This is the easiest way to make sure you have all your transactions entered correctly.
- Save your receipts when you charge items, and enter the transactions as they occur throughout the month. This method provides you with your current credit or charge card balance at all times. It also lets you double-check your charges against those listed on your statement.
- Wait until you receive your monthly statement, and enter the transactions from the statement. This method is easy if you don't need to keep track of your balance throughout the month.
To enter a credit card transaction
- Select a credit card account in the sidebar.
- In Quicken, choose Transactions > New Transaction. Alternatively, you can click New in the toolbar, or use the keyboard shortcut ⌘N.
- Enter information in as many fields in the transaction as you want to track.
- For example, many people find it helpful to assign categories or tags to their transactions.
- (Optional) Click Save to enter the transaction.
- You don't need to click Save to save the transaction—Quicken records the transaction automatically when you press Enter, move on to another task, or close the register.