Use the Miscellaneous Income transaction type to record income related to a holding that is not a dividend, interest payment, or capital gain distribution. This income will be added to your cash balance.
To record miscellaneous income
- Select the investment account you want to use and click the Transactions tab.
- Click the Transactions tab and then click the New Transaction icon in the register toolbar.
- Select Income > Miscellaneous from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date when the miscellaneous income was incurred.
- Security - Select the security for which you want to add the income. If the security does not appear in the list of securities, select Edit Securities to add it.
- Amount - Enter the miscellaneous income received.
- Category - Select the category of the income. The default is Uncategorized.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use when searching for the transaction.
- To add an attachment, go to the Attachments tab, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.
Note: Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transactions. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers.