Use the Long-term Capital Gain sheet to record interest received in the form of long-term capital gain. Since the long-term capital gain is a cash distribution to the shareholders, it will be added to your cash balance.
To record the reinvested long-term capital gain, use the Reinvest Long-term Capital Gain sheet.
To record long-term capital gain
- In the sidebar, select the investment account you want to use.
- Click the Transactions tab and then click the New Transaction icon in the register toolbar.
- Select Income > Long-term Capital Gain from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date of payment or deposit.
- Security - Select the security for the dividend income that you want to record.
- Distribution Amount - Enter the amount of long-term capital gain income.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use when searching for the transaction.
- To add an attachment, go to the Attachments tab, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.